Saturday 18 October 2008

Happy Tootie Day!

Yesterday my mom reminded me that it was Tootie Day.
When I was much much younger I decided that I would create a holiday. Or something. I can't remember why, but I did create a holiday called Tootie Day, in which "little bugs that bite," called tooties, come out of the ground annually. I remember that I chose Oct. 17th as Tootie Day because it was coming up and I wanted to celebrate my holiday soon. The proper way to celebrate Tootie Day is to have cake.

I'm pretty sure the inspiration for Tootie Day, besides the desire to have someone make me a cake, was my favorite game at the time, Cootie.



The rest of it's genesis is shrouded in mystery.

Anyways, yesterday was Tootie Day and I made a delicious spice cake, on which I frosted a horrendous, green bug with metallic teeth. It was served and enjoyed by the rest of the Bow family.

I am welcoming everyone else to celebrate a belated Tootie Day by making and eating their own cake. I am also welcoming everyone to remind me this holiday exists next year, as I'm sure I will forget and it is the only holiday I've ever created.

2 comments:

Sally said...

tootie day is the cutest thing i've ever heard of! it's already on my 09 calendar. can we also make it a federal holiday? kthx.

Lolo said...

aw man i love tooties