Tuesday 7 October 2008

Dingfelder/Wangle '08

Today I got my absentee ballot.
The coolest thing about it is the Military/Overseas Voters' Guide, in which I can look at every candidate's statement. It takes the whole running-for-president-is-like-applying-for-a-job thing to the next level by letting me go through everybody's resumes. Chuck Baldwin's crazy-insane bid for the presidency is a clear favorite. Plus this one - get it together, Mark Hass!
But ultimately, despite the fact that a Baldwin/Castle ticket promises me that it will pull us out of the UN, treat abortion as a crime, return us to silver and gold money, veto federal funding for education and "pull the plug on the unaffordable American empire," Obama ended up getting my blackened oval.

While the ability to vote is pretty cool, the true benefit of getting my mail today was that I could make
A list of some silly names from the Oregon ballot:

Rick Dancer
Allen Alley
Walter F (Walt) Brown
Pavel Goberman
Eldon Jossi
Michael Meo
Jaynee Germond
Jackie Dingfelder
Keith Wangle

4 comments:

Russell said...

Rick Dancer was one of the newscasters in Eugene! My dad used to see him jogging.

D. Bow said...

I bet he's a very nimble jogger.
He didn't get my vote, though.

Anonymous said...

What do you mean by 'silly names'?

D. Bow said...

Dear Jaynee,
I'm sorry. Also, you have a silly name.
- someone whose name sounds like a famous androgynous singer