Saturday 6 December 2008

Ostrich Nog

Yesterday I ate an ostrich. It gave me mild food poisoning, but was good enough that I'd eat it again. I could have had wild boar or kangaroo, but I had to choose wisely. Maybe some other day...

Tomorrow I'm going to make eggnog for the folks in my flat because they've never had it before. I mentioned it the other day and was met with blank stares. Unfortunately eggnog is not something that sounds good when you describe it (the exact same thing happened around Thanksgiving with pumpkin pie). "So it's raw eggs?" asked one. "No, you add nutmeg... and liquor... it's good." I replied. No one was too enthused. I'll show them! I converted non-believers into eating pumpkin, I can sure make them drink something with liquor. They're Irish and freshmen, after all.

In other news, I saw the greatest video today:

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Awesome!

...you should serve it with a side of Tubby Custard.

...I'm never letting that one go.

Sally said...

that video is golden.

have you seen this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mWW6kRITEY

he totally thinks he's d'angelo.

D. Bow said...

Out of control! I wonder what the story is between him, Star and his kids. I like how he's repping the airsoft gun, too.