Sunday 9 November 2008

French Miaou

So I went to Dublin this weekend and now I'm back. While I was there I went to the Museum of Modern Art and saw a display of some of the films by Russian/French animator Ladislas Starevich's, which I didn't know existed. The awesome ones I saw there aren't on the internet, but here's a taste for everyone else who likes puppets.


This is from his first feature-length. It's a musical number sung by a fox to a lioness. I don't know what else is going on. Rachel?




For this one turn the sound off because I'm pretty sure the music accompaniment is not right or synced up. You'd be better off just turning on your own poignant music and enjoying this nice little short. It's also about royal lions and it's very sad.


3 comments:

Rachel said...

The Lion King decrees that all animals shall stop eating each other and only eat fruits and vegetables, and there shall only be love! I guess the fox took this a step further, cos he sings a whole song to the Lion King's wife about how he only loves her.

That was totally awesome! I'd heard of him before, but never actually seen any of his work. I am going to France in April (!!!), so I'll have to do some investigating...

Sally said...

whoaahhh those are amazing!!! i wonder if sue knows these.. i'm sure she probably does.

D. Bow said...

Yeah, I guess he's a pretty big deal in France and Russia. I wish I could find the ones they were playing at the museum - they were beyond awesome.