Sunday 16 November 2008

Exciting Movie News

Well, it's been a shitty week to top all shitty weeks. In the least shitty bit of news among the shit, I went to go see "Heaven's Gates, Hell's Flames" today but couldn't find the church and ended up walking around for 3 hours. The plus side of that will be toned legs. Or sore legs. I'm gonna try again tomorrow but if I don't make it I'll have missed my chance!

Anyways, at least the movie stars are aligning. I found out today that Danny Boyle's new film, Slumdog Millionare stars the kid who played Anwar on the awesome Skins! Even though the trailer doesn't give me reason to hope that it will be Trainspotting + 28 Days Later + Skins, it's apparently a very good film in it's own right. That said, will someone please make a film about sexy British teens shooting heroin and fighting zombies? Please?


In stranger news, the new Todd Solondz movie reportedly features both Paris Hilton and Paul Reubens! Charlotte Rampling's in there, too. What happens when a famous socialite, Pee Wee Herman and the Nazi-loving dancer from The Night Porter get together in a Todd Solondz movie? I can't wait to find out! We already know what happens when Philip Seymour Hoffman enters the Solondzoverse:


2 comments:

Sally said...

yeah i heard about paris in the new todd solondz - i'm so excited!

also, have you seen the trailer for the new charlie kauffman movie that has philip seymour hoffman in it - synecdoche, ny?

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony/synecdochenewyork/

also, this amazing poll about paris hilton's role on jezebel:

http://jezebel.com/5084415/is-paris-hilton-the-new-wienerdog

D. Bow said...

Yeah, I have seen that trailer. I'm really excited/unsettled by it.

I can't even imagine what Paris will be doing in the Solondz movie. If anyone can make appropriate use of her dead, plastic eyes it's him.