Sunday 15 March 2009

Woman Finds Skinned Chipmunk Living In Her Couch

As the four regular readers of my blog know, I read CNN daily and often write here about it when I feel like it. Today I clicked on a story apparently about Bob Dylan's home being too smelly (what?) and it transferred me to KTLA.com which is, from what I can tell, where crazy news goes to die. It's full of stories that got caught between the fiction of The Weekly World News (RIP) and more respectable news outlets. Among the insane headlines I was met with when I visited KTLA:
  • Martha Stewart's Dog Killed In Explosion
  • Woman Hurt In Sex Mishap Involving Power Tool
  • Chimp Plans, Executes Attack On Zoo Visitors
  • Five Human Heads Found In Coolers
  • SoCal Man's Body Mistakenly Delivered To Pet Store
  • Woman Finds Hungry Cat Living In Her Sofa
  • This photo gallery
I'm speechless.

As for my life, my dead squirrel may have been stolen, but after I sent my prayers for more corpses out into the universe Ham delivered by finding me a dead chipmunk. I was going to cut it open tonight but I just couldn't bring myself to do it when I was holding it in my hands and it's little eyes were staring straight into mine. I think I need Skippy there to hold my hand while I turn the little guy inside out. Either way, my skin fever is satisfied.
I thought I could keep the little guy in the Fels fridge for a couple of days without anybody noticing as long as I labeled the container this time. I left it in a Cheez-It box and then realized that people don't refrigerate Cheez-Its so I labeled it "Spinach and Lentils Pilaf - Do Not Touch" because I thought no one would want that. Then people got high and touched it and there was screaming and the chipmunk ended up in the microwave. Luckily I was there to save it. I miss my fridge.

Sitcom class is going well. We just wrote a scene for a never-going-to-happen Western sitcom which we ended up titling Full Jailhouse (my other suggestion: Fresh Prince of the Unincorporated Territories).

It sounds like my life is all skinning and classes, but I'm sure it be more than that. I'm trying to get used to being around people that I know all day long and having everybody know what I'm doing all the time. I'm also getting sick. Maybe that's a reason to miss Sue's class tomorrow. :-)
I've also been texting people a lot and it's led to me using emoticons more. :-(

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Fresh Prince of Unincorporated Territories" I love you I love you I love you I love you.
-granny

Rachel said...

I'm going to text you, like, all the time now.

D. Bow said...

:-)

Russell said...

INT. ADMISSIONS OFFICE.

(RUSSELL types furiously. JASON MURPHY and a LIZ BENNETT stand by the coffee machine.)

JASON
Did you hear that some guy put like, a squirrel in the refrigerator in Fels?

LIZ
OMG like a live squirrel?

JASON
No, har har, a dead squirrel. I guess at first they thought it was some evil prank and threw it out, and then some guy was like, "Hey, I was going to taxidermy that."

LIZ
Do you know who it was?

JASON
Naw, some crazy VAPA kid.

(DAVID BOW strikes again.)

D. Bow said...

I am the grist that keeps this gossip mill running.

Anonymous said...

update more pweese.
-granny