Wednesday 11 March 2009

Crushed Dreams and New Hopes

On the heels of discoveries about Abraham Lincoln's watch and Shakespeare's portrait, CNN reported today that one of the great mysteries of the twentieth century has now been solved. In typically dry fashion, buried far under a story entitled "Hot dogs lead cops to burglary suspects," is an article saying that DNA testing has definitively proved that princess Anastasia Romanov died at the hands of the Bolsheviks. All I could think about was the children of the future who will watch Disney's Anastasia with the knowledge that it's all a romantic falsehood; the princess is dead and there are no such things as talking bats.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


In personal news I just ran karaoke at the Student Center. Maggie got me find a pirated version of Photoshop, so now I can do everything I want.
I listened to Beck's Modern Guilt finally and decided it's ok. Everything else is going fine. I have a revised list of birthday gifts that I need but never got:
  • A black knit hat to replace the one that was stolen from me when I went to see Coraline.
  • A dead animal to replace the one that disappeared.
  • More Secret Chiefs 3 albums.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

"BARTOK!?" - Josh Kovner

Anonymous said...

i'm really really glad Josh commented on this matter, because T.I. ALSO samples this in Bankhead, so um, needless to say. I was curious. I love T.I. And Josh. AND YOU.
eva